The Call for Abstract submissions for the Meeting has now closed. Notification to authors will be issued in May 2012.
LATE BREAKING ABSTRACTS
Late Breaking Submissions are now closed.
|Abstract Submission||NOW CLOSED|
|Registration Opens||Late March 2012|
|Pre-meeting workshop submission closes||NOW CLOSED|
|Notification to Authors of Abstract Acceptance||Updated 29 May 2012|
|Author Registration Deadline||1 August 2012|
|The International Psychogeriatric Association International Meeting 2012||7 – 11 September 2012|
• Free Paper: Free Papers will be allocated a presentation time of 15-20 minutes including question time. Abstracts not selected for free papers may be eligible for presentation as posters. The Committee reserve the right to allocate submissions to selected corresponding sessions.
• Combined Symposium Presentation: Combined submission of multiple individual presentations submitted by one author on behalf of the group and under the one common theme. Please ensure all information relating to each individual symposium presentation is included in one abstract document submitted by the symposium leader. The standard time allocated per symposium is 90 minutes.
• Poster Display: Visual display of research projects. The poster display will be an integral part of the program and will be located within the exhibition area.
• Pre-Meeting Workshops: A number of optional pre-meeting workshops will be held on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 September 2012. Please note pre-meeting workshop abstract submissions are now closed.
Call for Abstract Submission
Abstract submission is a three step process:
Use the appropriate template below to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts must be submitted using this template, abstracts submitted in any other form will be returned for correction.
Abstract template: Click here to download the Abstract Template, save it to your desktop and complete it.
Symposium template: Click here to download the Symposium Template, save it to your desktop and complete it.
• Abstract text must be in Arial, 10pt size, left aligned and maximum 300 words (250 Symposium)
• Your abstract text should be no more than 300 words (250 Symposium), including references.
• A maximum of two references should be provided.
• Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parentheses. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
• Your abstract should clearly and where applicable concisely outline the background, aim, method, findings and conclusion.
• Delete all text in red when you have completed this template.
• After completing the abstract template, move onto step 2.
Creating an account/logging into the Speakers Portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the below text “Click Here to Submit Abstract.”
Once you have done this, if you have not previously submitted an abstract please click “New Account.”
Your contact details will be required to create the account. You will be automatically logged in, as well as emailed a password for future use.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload the abstract, review briefing notes, register for the meeting, and review speaker terms and conditions. Please also be sure to review the Abstract Preparation Guidelines within the portal.
Submitting your Abstract
Click on “New Abstract.” You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
•Your contact details
•Name and organisation of all co-presenters and co-authors
•Brief biographies for yourself and all co-presenters – no more than 100 words each.
• All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
• All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
• You will be able to access your speaker portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing submissions until 22 March 2012. As abstracts will be peer reviewed, there is the possibility you will receive comments from reviewers and be provided with the opportunity to resubmit your abstracts based on this feedback where necessary. In this case, further instruction will be provided to you. Otherwise, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted.
• Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
• Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the terms & conditions as outlined on the website and the speaker portal.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION NOW CLOSED
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly and has successfully been converted to a PDF file, during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the meeting office via
T +61 3 9645 6311 or E email@example.com
Abstract Review Notification
Notification of paper acceptance or decline will be communicated to the corresponding authors by 4 May 2012. Please note the details provided as the “author contact” during the abstract submission process should be for the main contact person in relation to the abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters. Your abstract(s) will be peer reviewed, and there will be allowance for one round of author’s corrections. Comments will be communicated to you prior to 4 May 2012. Further instructions will be sent to you directly should your abstract require any amendments.
Abstract Presenter Registration
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the meeting. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants. Registrations will open in February 2012.
All presenters must register for the meeting by 1 August 2012. Presenters who have not registered by this date will be removed from the program.
Presenter Terms and Conditions
By agreeing to submit an abstract at the meeting, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
(i) I take full responsibility for the content of my abstract, including any defamatory material or material which infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
(ii) I understand that, while I retain ownership of copyright of my abstract, The International Psychogeriatric Association International Meeting 2012 may publish and reproduce my abstract and any biographical information, provided by me in the final meeting program, proceedings and on the meeting website.
(iii) I warrant that my work is factually accurate and contains no matter libelous or otherwise unlawful; that such work constitutes my own original work, of which I am the sole owner of copyright, and that I have full power to make this authorisation.
(iv) I understand I should not use my presentation as a means of selling my organisation’s products or services.
(v) I understand that all accepted presenters are required to register for the meeting by 1 August 2012 and failure to register by this date will result in the abstract not being published and the abstract being withdrawn from the program.
(vi) All documents, memoranda, notes and records relating to the meeting produced by WALDRONSMITHManagement, its agents, the staff or representatives of The IPA International Meeting 2012 are and remain property of The IPA International Meeting 2012
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Meeting Office:
IPA International Meeting 2012 Office